Grandma lived in the same house for 60 years, God rest her soul. During that time, she filled it with to the rafters with all the treasures acquired through the years from children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She saved all their art work, handmade gifts and cards. A frugal woman, grandma never threw away anything useful like old clothing, bedding, furniture and appliances. Even when she received a new can opener or vacuum cleaner that was easier to operate, she kept the old one because it still worked.
Tips from ABH Disposal and Cleanout Service
At ABH we frequently encounter jobs such as grandma’s as part of our disposal and cleanout service. It’s heart-breaking for the family and often overwhelming. A person can collect a lot of stuff in 60 years. So often, only one or two family members are in the area to manage the disposal and clean-out of the home so it is ready for market. Here are some helpful tips.
- Start with notifying family members that clean-up is about to begin so if they want anything from the house now is the time to say so. Give them a cut-off date to have the items out of the house.
- Clear the largest room in the house as much as possible so you have space to organize. Sell or donate the large furniture pieces first so you have room to work.
- Designate a room for items to keep and another for items to throw away. As you sort through items, put a price sticker on those you plan to sell.
- After your garage or estate sale place unsold goods back in the house. Likely there is a fair number of unwanted items and debris left that needs removal.
- Call ABH Disposal and Cleanout Service to finish the job. We will clear out everything left in the house, yard, garage, basement and attic. We will be able to recycle most items so we don’t have to add to a land fill. We will leave the house broom clean.
A house clean-out is a big job and sorting through everything is time consuming. Breaking the job down into manageable increments and letting us handle the final clear out and disposal will make the task easier.
The list of items we can dispose of includes appliances, old rusty tools, construction debris, lawnmowers, snow blowers, old motors and car parts.
Whether as part of a whole-house cleanout or a stand-alone job, ABH disposal and cleanout services can make short work of clearing out attics, basements, storage sheds, barns and garages.
ABH Disposal and Cleanout for Commercial Customers
Commercial customers can count on us for clearing out warehouses, offices and stores. Whether you are closing shop or just need some operating space ABH Disposal and Clean Out is ready to help. Call us for a free quote on your Disposal and Clean Out commercial needs. Your time is valuable and our rates are competitive so we can save you time and money while freeing up some work and storage space.
Call ABH Disposal and Clean Out Services at 781-941-2422. We will come out and give you a free quote on your project. Or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices.