If you have an older home, you may have a laundry room that is in serious need of some TLC. Clean laundry is a necessity of life, but often a tedious chore. Depending on the amount of people living in your home, you could find that you are spending the majority of your time doing laundry and hating your old room a little more each day.
So why not remodel your laundry room? You deserve a fun space that makes the chore of laundry enjoyable. It doesn’t take much to turn a damp, dark room into a light, cheery area. Even basement laundry rooms can be transformed. Here are a few ways you can do it yourself.
- A splash of color. Create a bright, cheery environment with fun yellows, oranges or reds. For a more tranquil feel, look to light blues and greens. Anything can be painted, so erase the concrete gray from your mind and splash some color on your walls.
- Compliment colors with a rug. A large rug or runner in front of your washer and dryer help you add a bit of style to your laundry room and it gives you a comfortable spot to stand while you fold mountains of laundry. Large area rugs often go on sale, keep your eyes peeled for discounts at furniture and big box stores.
- Install a hidden table for folding, or utilize an existing one. Most people can probably find an old table they’re not using or grab one at a garage sale. The ‘folding’ table allows you to keep your clean laundry organized.
- Fresh flowers may not be the right place here, but a decorative vase on the folding table is a great way to add color. Use the vase to contain loose change and be surprised when it is time to cash in. Framed photos or posters can add some semblance of décor.
- Go digital. Your laundry room might not be prepped with a cable line, but a monitor and streaming stick can let you binge-watch your favorite shows.
- Add window coverings. If your laundry room has windows, you can add airy, transparent curtains or wooden blinds. You’ll be amazed at how quickly this single step will turn your room into a sophisticated space.
- Use decorative baskets to hide detergents and supplies. These work for those mysterious socks that seem to get lost as well. Once a month you can go through your mismatched sock basket to try to find it’s match.
Of course, if you need to start from scratch, give ABH Services a call. Our Demolition Service team is skilled in the removal and demolition of all household aspects. We have the tools and equipment to help you demolish your old laundry room in order to create a more welcoming room. Let our team haul away your old machines and construction debris so you can build the laundry room you deserve.
Call our office at 781-941-2422 to schedule your Demolition Service or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices to learn more about how we can help you.