Your mother just called and she’s on her way over! You look around your home and realize it’s a mess. Help! What will she say, how did it get so cluttered so fast?! This happens to all of us at some point in our life; a friend pops over or a relative surprises you with a visit. With our busy lives, it can be tough sometimes to gather the motivation needed to clean your home. Our schedules are usually filled with work and activities from dawn to dusk and as we go about our routines, stuff gets dropped around the house in our haste to get to work or school.
With a 10 minute pickup plan, you can avoid the embarrassment of a dirty house when anyone drops in on you.
If there are children in your household, this is a great solution to put in place early. Set a timer and make a game out of how fast a room can look clean. This isn’t a task where you haul out the buckets and brooms, rather a chance to pick up the piles of stuff and put them back in their home.
- Assign everyone a room and get to work.
- If you have a two story home, designate a stair for each person’s stuff.
- In the family room, pick up the toys, fold the blankets, and quickly fluff the pillows and cushions.
- In the kitchen, put all dishes in the dishwasher, wipe down the sink and countertops and clean off the table.
- In the bathroom, wipe down the countertops and toilet and clean the mirror if it is dirty.
Now you’ve covered the main level of the home where your guest will likely be. You can do a quick run with the vacuum and broom. Voilà! An acceptable home, ready to welcome visitors.
- With time still remaining, move upstairs taking your things off the stairs as you go.
- Straighten the bed linens and toss dirty laundry in the bin.
There is a lot more that goes into cleaning than just a 10 minute pick up, but the sense of accomplishment and effort will make your guests feel more welcome in your home.
Of course, there is a point when there is just too much junk. When you hit that point, give ABH Services a call. Our Disposal and Cleanout team can haul away all of your unwanted items. Clean out a storage room, closet, or basement, or call us to help with an attic cleanout. We’ll remove the items from your home so you’ll free up space and feel more organized in the process.
Call us to schedule a Disposal and Cleanout appointment so that the next time you have unexpected guests, your home will be tidy and organized and ready to entertain. We are available at 781-941-2422. You can also learn more about us at our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices.