This holiday season, if you expect to have houseguests, you know all too well how having a clean space for your guests enhances their visit and gives you peace of mind. Your guest room can easily become a dumping zone for items that don’t have a home, belongings that need to be repaired, and any extra junk that you just don’t have time to deal with. Closets especially fill up quickly as it’s easier to shut the door so as to avoid the eye-sore of an unorganized area.
For a clear conscience this year and a clean room, we’ve provided a few tips to ensure your guests have a comfortable stay.
- Remove the clutter: Make it a goal to toss out or finally repair any broken items that you think you’ll use. If it has been sitting there for some time, you’ve obviously not really needed it; toss it out.
- Clean: If the bed has been unused for a while, wash the sheets, shake out the bedspread, and dust/vacuum the room. Open and shut the curtains or blinds a few times to shake out the dust and cobwebs.
- Spend the night: Stay one night in your guest room as if you were the guest. This is a hands-on way to find out what could make the room more comfortable; maybe an extra blanket or a mirror…maybe a chair to sit in. The same goes for the guest bathroom: do you need extra towels or tissue? These little additions may go unnoticed, but if they are not there, then your guests may wish they were available.
- Clear out the closet: Add some empty hangers for your guests to hang up their party attire. No one likes to live out of a suitcase, so help them out so their clothes can be wrinkle free for any holiday event.
- An added touch: Fresh flowers, a basket of small toiletries that travels might forget, reading material, and other items make your guests feel right at home.
It’s pretty simple to spruce up a guest room once all the junk is cleared out. The level of work involved, though, depends on how messy the room is. To save yourself time this season, call the professionals at ABH Services. We offer a Disposal and Cleanout Service that will give you back your space so you can be ready for your guests’ arrival. Let us do the heavy lifting so you can spend more time with family and friends, or work on other tasks to prepare for your guests.
Our professionals will haul away any unwanted items so you can confidently offer your visitors a warm, inviting place to stay. Let your hospitality shine; your guests will enjoy their time and appreciate the way in which you’ve welcomed them. Call our team of experts today at 781-941-2422 with questions or to request a quote. You can also visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices to learn more about our Disposal and Cleanout Services.