Spring is finally here! We’ve huddled up and bundled up to keep warm for the last few months and are now ready to enjoy the warmer temperatures and crisp, clean outdoors. For many of us, spring is the perfect time for cleaning and organizing our home. It allows us the chance to refresh our living space and get rid of everything we’ve tucked away in a corner over the winter. An added benefit for those of you who like garage sales is that while you clean, you can prepare for a sale and mark items as you go. Come summer, you’ll only have to lay your gently used belongings out and get ready for the cars to line up at your garage sale.
At ABH Services, we have a lot of experience cleaning out homes and rooms. Over the years, we’ve accumulated a list of tips and tricks that make the job efficient, rather than a chore.
- Rent a dumpster. Your cleaning spree won’t feel as satisfying if all you have done when cleaning out your home is move your junk from one place to another.
- Start with the big rooms first. Rooms with the most junk like garages and basements are the perfect starting place. First, you’ll be freeing up space to store other items that you truly need. Second, by tackling the harder areas first, when you lose steam towards the end, the smaller rooms will be much easier to go through.
- Create two areas in your home for your keep pile and donate or sell pile. Have empty boxes ready to place your things in.
- As you clean, toss items that you don’t want or won’t sell/donate straight into the dumpster. Throwing it out gets it out of your way and gives you a quick change of scenery so you don’t feel stuck in one room for hours on end.
- If you plan to have a garage sale, price items out as you put them in the sell boxes. Clothing, dishes, toys, etc. can be marked and ready to go when you get around to your garage sale.
As you work through every room you can wipe out cupboards, drawers, and shelving. Repair or tighten any loose door handles as well. Within a few hours or days, you’ll have an organized and clean home. Your trash will be hauled away by our Dumpster team and you’ll be able to sit back and enjoy the feeling of a job well done. This is a project your entire household can take part in to make the task move along efficiently. Assign rooms to family members or a small drawer or cabinet to younger child. Children can be in charge of organizing toys and stray parts that have fallen out of games or toys. This will keep them busy for hours and out of your hair while you clean.
If you are ready to take charge of your home, call ABH Services to learn more about our Dumpster Service and available sizes. We can help you decide what size is best for your project and answer any questions you may have. Call us at 781-941-2422 or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices .