What does Earth Day mean to you? Is it the one day a year where you make a conscious effort to recycle and reduce your carbon footprint? Do you pick up trash in your neighbor’s yard or refrain from aerosol products for a single day?
There are billions of us sharing one planet, and the best way to help each other is to recognize that we can help sustain our Earth every day with simple actions. Of course, the best option is to not just do these things once a year, but to get in the daily habit of making sure you’re doing your part in minimizing your carbon footprint.
At ABH Services, we understand the importance of recycling. We work hard to ensure our landfills aren’t mottled with non-biodegradable items and work each day to protect our environment. In your home, there are many actions you can take to reduce your footprint and keep the earth clean. Here are just a few of the things you can do:
- Return collected plastic bags back to your local grocery store.
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Utilize can returns for aluminum cans.
- Rinse out plastic containers and put them in your recycle bin.
- Buy items that have been made from recycled material.
- Follow your local recycler’s disposal rules and recycle your newspapers, cardboard, plastics and other acceptable items according to the company policy.
If you want to make a stronger impact, consider the following:
- Call your local park division and organize a park cleanup with your friends or colleagues. Young kids can participate in this cleanup project and it is a wonderful learning experience in sustainability.
- Organize an office cleanout to rid your building of old cardboard, e-waste, plastics, and aluminum.
- Work with your state’s Department of Natural Resources to clean up debris and garbage along shorelines.
- Plant a tree, or two, or even three in your yard or on your office property.
- Help younger generations understand the importance of recycling and caring for the environment. Send them off with a garbage bag and a on a scavenger hunt for garbage around the neighborhood. Give them a list and a pair of garden gloves to wear to protect their hands.
We all need to do our part to conserve energy and keep items out of our landfills that harm our planet. For larger items, ABH Services is your go-to for recycle services. We recycle tires, bulk cardboard and paper, wooden pallets, appliances, computers and printers, and much more. We offer both a pickup and drop off service to make things as convenient as possible for your schedule. Together we can all work to keep our Earth clean and sustainable for thousands of years.
Call our team to inquire about our Recycle Service or to set up a pick up time for your items. We are always happy to help answer your questions. We can be reached at 781-941-2422 or via our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices.