Does your home have a water softener? If yes, make sure you are taking care of it with proper maintenance. If you don’t have one, or if yours is no longer running, consider these benefits and what they would mean for you.
First a little background…Your home’s water softener does what the name implies. It softens water. Many cities have what is referred to as hard water. Hard water leaves spots on dishes and glasses, leaves your hair limp and dull, corrodes your pipes, and reduces the life of your water appliances. If you experience this and know that your city has hard water, it’s time to invest in a water softener. Even if your cities water is fine, your home investment will benefit from a working water softener.
The benefits of a water softener include:
- Using less amounts of soap. You won’t need as much to wash dishes or your hair as hard water makes it difficult for soap to develop into a foamy lather.
- Cleaner and brighter clothes. Hard water leaves whites looking gray and breaks down the material faster which wears out your clothes. A water softener removes the minerals that cause this and leaves your fabrics soft and fluffy.
- An extended life for your appliances. Ice makers, water heaters, coffee machines, dish washers, washing machines and water dispensers last longer when minerals from hard water can’t corrode the machines.
- Pipes free of mineral build up and corrosion. The pipes that run through your home can erode over time from the corrosive calcium and magnesium that hard water contains. Additionally, you’ll reduce the risk of clogs that hard water can cause.
- Reduced energy bills. The minerals in hard water can cause a scale buildup inside your water heater making it work harder than it should and thus increasing your energy costs.
With so many benefits, there’s no question that a water softener is a worthy investment. If you have a water heater that no longer works, it might be time to replace it. If you are unsure how to dispose of your old appliance, call ABH Services. We’ll remove the old machine and dispose of it in the most environmentally friendly way. We recycle everything we can in order to reduce the amount of harmful waste filling our landfills.
If hard water has ruined other appliances in your home, we can take care of those as well. Let us help you remove the old appliances cluttering up your home so you can focus on improving your home. Our Recycling Service gives you peace of mind that you are doing your part for the environment. At the same time, you leave the back-breaking work to us to avoid injuring yourself. We have the tools and experience to safely remove heavy items from your home.
For more information regarding our Recycling Service or for any questions, call us at 781-941-2422 or visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices. We’re happy to help.