There are many different home improvement projects that benefit from having a dumpster rental on hand. Kitchen demolitions, bathroom makeovers, and basement cleanouts all are projects made easier when you’ve planned ahead and r. Renting a dumpster ensures all of your trash and debris is cleaned up quickly and efficiently, allowing you to focus on your task at hand.
Another home project that utilizes a dumpster is when you are removing wall to wall carpeting. There are a number of reasons to remove the carpeting yourself:
- You may be uncovering gorgeous hardwood floors in an older house.
- You have just ordered new carpet to be installed, but the cost of removal isn’t within your budget.
- You are handy enough to remove and install your old and new carpet.
No matter which category your situation falls into, removing old carpet is fairly easy. For this project you’ll need a crowbar, metal shovel, utility knife, a trash bin or wheelbarrow, safety goggles, work gloves, protective eyewear, and a dumpster from ABH services.
- Remove all furniture from the room. You can store the furniture in the hallway or adjoining room for the time being. For larger projects, you may want to look at other storage options until your new carpet is installed
- Wearing your gloves, mask, and eyewear, use the utility knife to cut the carpet into manageable pieces for removal
- Lift up a corner of the carpet and pull
- Roll up each section of the carpet as you remove it and throw it in the bin or wheelbarrow
- Remove the carpet padding the same way you removed the carpet
- Use the crowbar to pry up the carpet tack strips being careful not to step on them. These tack strips have tacks that face upwards in order to hold the carpet in place
- The shovel is useful to scoop up debris and carpet tacks
- Use a pliers, screwdriver, or crowbar to remove any staples or tacks left behind
- Haul your old carpet and padding out to the dumpster
- Vacuum the bare floor to remove all dust and debris left behind.
Removing your old carpet is a project that can generally be done in one day. As you work in sections, you’ll be able to control the level of debris as well as the load you are hauling to the dumpster. The end result will be a bare floor or existing hardwood surface that is ready for new carpet or refinishing.
With your old carpet in the dumpster, simply give ABH Services a call and we’ll schedule a pick up. The benefit of removing your old carpet will save you money and possibly uncover a beautiful floor that will shine with a bit of polish and elbow grease.
If you are planning a project, and are in need of a dumpster, give us a call to discuss our Dumpster Rental services. We have various sizes available and can help you determine what you’ll need to accomplish your task. Call us at 781-941-2422 or learn more about our Dumpster Rentals and services by following us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices.