Bathrooms are one of the most commonly renovated rooms in the home. When you want a complete overhaul of your existing bathroom, demolishing the current one is usually the first step. You might be wondering what goes into a bathroom demolition, and maybe you even imagine someone taking a wrecking ball to your sink or shower. In reality, the process of bathroom demolition involves taking out the old bathroom fixtures and possibly tearing down the walls to give ample space for the remodel.
A major benefit of demolition is that it gives you the opportunity to identify any potential problems lurking under your current bathroom’s façade. This is especially important in older homes. There could be rotten flooring, water damage from leaky pipes, excess moisture creeping in, or other problems that you can’t see until you or a demolition team starts pulling out the current fixtures. You can usually find solutions to these problems, like sealing up areas where air is leaking, increasing insulation, and fixing or replacing old pipes. It’s important to identify these potential setbacks so you can get them taken care of before moving forward.
One important aspect before you start the remodel is to know what you’re getting in to. Remodels are messy business, and the process will disrupt your regular routine to a certain extent. You need to make sure that you’re prepared to go through daily life with one less bathroom, and that you’re ready to handle the extra noise, mess, and intrusion of the process. It’s a time-consuming endeavor and you will need to focus on the big picture without getting impatient or overwhelmed with the transformation.
Steps to take before beginning your bathroom remodel:
- Decide whether you want to do the project yourself or make it easy by hiring a skilled Demolition team like the one at ABH Services.
- Obtain the appropriate permits required in your town or city.
- Plan out the features of your new bathroom, getting input from the other members of the household. You should all be on the same page in terms of the results you want.
- Budget exactly how much you want to spend on the project, breaking costs down by the different phases including the demolition, the installation of the new bathroom fixtures and hardware, and decoration such as paint, wallpaper, and flooring. Make sure to include an extra emergency fund for unforeseen expenses that may occur.
- Remove any belongings from the bathroom and store in a separate area. Take this time to toss out any old or expired toiletries and cleaning supplies.
- Have a plan for how to manage your routine while the remodel is being conducted. Take into consideration how your daily lives will be affected, and come up with solutions.
Because of the expertise and tools required to demolish a bathroom the right way, it’s usually recommended to hire a Demolition team to strip down your old bathroom for you. It can be dangerous to attempt the project yourself unless you’ve had a lot of experience with DIY renovation projects.
If you decide on a professional Demolition team for your bathroom renovation, put your trust in ABH Services. Our experienced team of professionals can knock out the project fast, so you can move on to building your new bathroom. Call us today at 781-941-2422 to discuss what we can do for you. Also be sure to visit us on Facebook for more information at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices/.