When most people hear the term “demolition,” they picture a wrecking ball tearing through a big building. However, demolition also refers to the process of tearing down an old installation to make way for a new one. This includes during home renovations, such as your kitchen or bathroom. Today we’re focusing specifically on kitchen demolition, and showing the benefits and drawbacks of hiring a professional service, such as ABH Services Inc., versus attempting to do it yourself.
While attempting such an ambitious project yourself may seem appealing for many reasons, it’s important to know the risks and the work that goes into kitchen demolition so you can make an informed decision. As with any part of a renovation project, weighing the pros and cons will help you achieve the best outcome. The more extensive your kitchen renovation, the more likely you should hire a professional to complete the demolition.
Doing It Yourself
- Lower Costs (Sometimes) – One primary reason that people attempt to DIY their kitchen demolition is the potential for lower costs. Since you don’t have to pay for service hours, it can sometimes be less expensive to demolish your kitchen yourself.
- Easy To Retain What You Want – When you do the demolition yourself, you’ll be able to choose the fixtures you want to keep as you’re pulling things out, instead of having to instruct someone else.
- The Risk Of Substandard Work – A professional kitchen demolition ensures that the job is done to a certain standard. Professionals have the experience, tools, and knowledge required to perform demolition services properly. While researching kitchen demolition yourself can help you understand many of the steps required, it’s not the same as true field experience.
- Mistakes Can Be Costly – While you may save money taking on the project yourself, especially on small demolitions such as ripping up old flooring, you do run the risk of mistakes if your demolition involves more in-depth work. If you make a mistake, you may have costly repairs in your future.
- Safety Issues – When you’re working with power tools, electrical components, and plumbing fixtures, safety issues can arise that need to be handled correctly. It’s essential if you’re attempting a DIY job to research all possible safety issues and their solutions before and during your kitchen demolition.
Hiring A Professional
- A Job Done Right – By hiring a company like ABH Services Inc. to perform your kitchen demolition, you’ll have trained technicians handling the job who know how to take apart each component, from cabinets to plumbing fixtures. They’ll know which steps to take in what order for best results.
- Safety Precautions Followed – A professional demolition crew has the training and experience necessary to perform your demolition properly and not run into any safety issues. If a problem does occur, professional technicians will know the right response to resolve the problem.
- Clean Up Solutions – ABH Services Inc. offers full clean-up and waste removal services after a kitchen demolition. No matter the amount of trash you end up with after your demolition, our technicians can take care of it for you.
- The Cost – Many homeowners find the cost well worth it, however, because they know the job is being done right with all of the necessary precautions. It’s good to do your research when it comes to home demolition costs.
While you could potentially save some money going with DIY demolition, only you can determine whether it’s worth the risks. ABH Services Inc. offers affordable solutions for home demolition, including kitchen demolitions. If you’d like to discuss more about our professional kitchen and bathroom demolition services, contact ABH Services Inc. Our company has more than 20 years of experience with home and business demolitions, and we have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for when you hire a professional demo service. Give us a call today at 781-941-2422 for more information on our demolition services.