When you hear the term spring cleaning, you probably think of throwing open all of your windows and scrubbing, vacuuming, and dusting every square inch of your home. After the long, harsh winter months, however, it’s just as important to spring clean your commercial property to transition properly into the warmer months. Commercial spring cleaning may include bringing in a cleaning crew or doing the work with your employees. This annual cleaning and maintenance for your commercial property will not only keep it looking its best, presenting a winning image to your customers, but will also assist you in staying organized.
Spring cleaning for a commercial property involves many of the same elements no matter what type of business you have, from restaurants to office buildings. Your goal is to refresh your building and remove the grime that has built up over the winter, as well as perform enough maintenance to stay on top of any issues. Even if you have a cleaning service that comes in regularly to your business, it’s still a good idea to perform extra cleaning and maintenance during this change of season.
- Window Cleaning: Your windows most likely have gotten covered in a film over the winter, between the snow, ice, and salt. Clear off this old grime and clean your windows inside and out to instantly brighten up the interior of your business and your employee’s moods. It’s also important to give your window coverings, whether curtains or blinds, a good cleaning.
- High Dusting: This is the time for high dusting on your ceilings and shelves, which may require bringing in a cleaning service. Also take the time to remove any cobwebs. Although you usually can’t see it, quite a bit of dust can accumulate over time and degrade your air quality. This is especially true if your interior has a high ceiling.
- Carpet Cleaning: Your carpet has it rough throughout the winter time, between all of the dampness from snow being tracked in, as well as salt and sand fragments. You should assess the state of your rugs and carpets, and either hire a professional cleaner or vacuum and clean them extensively yourself. Your rugs may need to be replaced every year depending on the amount of foot traffic your business sees.
- Pest Removal: Your best bet is to catch pests as soon as they begin to invade your property. Inspect the interior for any signs of rodent or insect infestation. If you find live insects, droppings, or other telltale elements of an insect infestation, call an exterminator for advice.
- Electronic Upgrades: Spring is also an excellent time to upgrade your electronics systems. Whether it be computers or cash registers, it’s the perfect season for clearing out the old to make way for the new. If you replace your existing electronics with new items and need to dispose of the old electronics, ABH Services Inc. can assist you in getting rid of them the proper way.
- Painting/Renovating: Take a look at the paint on your walls and around your windows, and assess if there is peeling or chipping. If your interior walls are in need of more TLC, spring is an excellent time to repaint as you can open the windows to allow for proper ventilation. Spring is also a great time for renovations. If you perform renovation work on your office, consider renting a roll off dumpster to contain the debris.
- HVAC/Ductwork: Because of how closed up most buildings are during the cold months and how often the heat is usually running, a lot of dust can build up in your ductwork. Moisture gets trapped in this dust, which can leads to mildew and odors. Check all of your vents to make sure they are free from dust, change your furnace filters, have your furnace inspected, and have your ductwork cleaned at least every few years.
- Parking Lots/Landscaping: Last by not least is the exterior of your building. Your parking lot and the landscaping in front of and around your building give an important first impression to your customers. Snow removal efforts and melting snow can leave your parking lot looking a bit messy, so it’s important to clean up and remove any debris that has been left behind. You may need to plant new grass in bare patches. Trim any bushes or other vegetation around your business to keep it looking neat. Make sure any sidewalks are swept and free of dirt and debris.
By making sure to spring clean every year, you’re able to present your business in its best light to your customers. During this process, you may want to rent a roll off dumpster to contain debris, or even hire a junk clean out service. If you’re looking for these services in the Greater Boston and North Shore, MA area, call ABH Services Inc. at 781-941-2422. We offer these as well as complete recycling solutions to assist you. For more posts on commercial cleanouts, check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/abhservices.